Hi,

>I am able to deploy it now by jarring my custom valve and placing it in
the
>%CATALINA_HOME%\server\lib directory. Is this the right way to do it?

$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib might work as well.  (Or unjarred in
server/classes or common/classes).  The Valve's class must be visible to
the server or common classloader.  So you can't put them in WEB-INF/lib
or WEB-INF/classes.   That's the long answer, the short one to your
question above is: yes, that's OK.

Yoav

and notify the sender.  Thank you.