>>We want to add servlets in the running system, just by saying "now you
>>can"

>OK.  That certainly narrows down your possibilities.
Drastically

>>The mappings are stored in the database but would be cached in the
>>servletContext and could be dynamically reloaded.

>Cool.
The application now caches about 180 pages and 150 templates for page
layout and forms for one host and this 9 times for different hosts. It
also caches 6000 words and sentences in 8 languages for different user
settings.
And all could easily reloaded with a simple command.

>You have something else causing that: people are using the invoker
>servlet without a problem.

Yes, i try to figure out.

>That's IT?  You're going through this contorted design just to avoid
the
>appearance of servlets? ;)  You can easily accomplish this with URL
>mapping (e.g. mapping a servlet to a.html).

Yes that's it! But I don't now other approach that is as dynamic as this
one.

>How does this scale?  Or is that not really a concern?

We are now for public pages that are cached as a whole down at 0.25
seconds included the delivery. And really heavy generated pages (200 db
queries) at
1.5-2 seconds( I know there I have to do heavy optimisation)

mfg
Michael Nitschke