Please dont use for other than stated purpose of the list. I hope you
understand that.

-----Original Message-----
From: soh_mah [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 10:50 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Is there any way to check # of Records in RecordSet

Thanks Adam :)

First of all I subscribe to the list yesterday and I m
new to JSP. Secondly could u plz tell me right list
name so I can subscribe to that.

Adam, I did exactly the same way u mentioned, but when
I use like

//-----------
ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery(query);
    while(rs.next()) {
    count1++;
    }
    rs.first();
//-----------------

it does not show me any thing on the page but when I
use like this it shows me all records.

//-----------
ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery(query);
    while(rs.next()) {
    count1++;
    }

ResultSet rs1 = stmt.executeQuery(query);

while{rs1.next()) { %>

Here is HTML <%
out.println(rs.getInt("first_column")); } %>

Then it shows me all the records, what is wrong with
my first code?

=====
Regards

Sohail Mahmood