From: Bob White [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: May 17, 2004 5:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Why 41 processes with Tomcat under Linux

I just installed TC 5.0.19 under Linux and I find that it causes 41 Tomcat processes to be launched. Why is this? How can I control the number of processes that are created? Is this to be expected?

I naively expected only one Tomcat process.  There is absolutely no load on
the
server, it just initally generates 41 Tomcat processes.

..Bob.

===== --Bob White-- home:727-490-7363, cell:727-463-6061 New (popup free!) photos of Polina: http://polina.70kg.com/

Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of
ourselves. - Carl Jung