Cool. I guess a Valve is good for that type of thing :)

I think Carl and Ralph are right about the ClassClassException being a ClassLoader issue. I've seen similar things before when using custom Realms, JNDI resources etc.
Our build process generates a minimal jar for deploying to common/lib which contains all the classes needed by the container classloaders. These classes are excluded from the webapp jars and all is happy. You have to be really careful about dependencies though or virtually all your webapp ends up in common/lib.
Try jarring up your info object and putting in common/lib (or common/classes).

Or you could use reflection as I've just read in your reply to Ralph ;)

Good weekend all,

Jon

Rui Zhang wrote:

Jon,

To answer your query, I'm using a custom valve to instrument Tomcat with
response time monitoring, as part of the project I'm working on...

http://web.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oucl/research/areas/softeng/eWLM/

Cheers,

Rui