From: M.Hockings [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 24 May 2004 11:40 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: session data in Tomcat 5

Ben Souther wrote:

>>Ah Ben, I don't know if you have kids or not.  But y'know how a kid can
>>kinda look at the floor and shuffle their feet when caught doing
>>something stupid.  Well, keep that in mind as you read what I figured
>>out...
>>

>Believe me, you've nothing to feel stupid about.  We've all been there.
>
>One thing to bear in mind, and I've had to tell myself this at least a
dozen
>times over the last year, is that there are thousands of people developing
>commercial applications with Tomcat right now.   If something fundamental,
>like session handling, were ever to stop working, there would be hundreds
of
>posts to this list, all of them complaining about the same thing.  Within a
>day, there would be a fix for it.  Over the next few days, you would see
>hundreds more complaining about the same bug accompanied by hundreds of
posts
>from the likes of Yoav Shapira, Tim Funk, Philip Hanik, (and several
others)
>answering the same question over and over again, telling people exactly
what
>version to download to fix it.  If you don't see that scenerio on this
list,
>keep looking at your own setup.
>
>I'm glad it's working for you.
>
>-Ben
>
>PS: Did the put the Zone Labs product on the server, or just on your
desktop?

Thanks Ben.  I kept telling myself that it should work just fine,
particularly since Tomcat has been one of those things that for me "just
works" with little or no tinkering (I like that kinda thing).

The Zone Labs thing is installed on the desktop, when I open it's config
window it's called "Zone Labs Integrity Desktop".  When I click on the
help/about link it sends me here
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/corpsales/zapidOverview.jsp

Mike