Thanks to all,
I forget to tell you that the HTTP Servlet and its request to URL of another
SW are located on the same host. Maybe I didn't understand quite well some of
your answers but I do believe that for the Server performance it is better to
have one remain connection (socket) to the URL when doing the GET URL for
10000 requests to that SW, than to open/close connections for each of the
10000 (sockets) requests.
I also undertood that it would not be easy to do so with an HTTP Servlet :-(
Did I understand well? Does anybody had the same problem before, if solved,
could somebody provide me a good solution.

Once again thank you for all your time wasted on this matter

Tiago

Citando SH Solutions <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

 Hi

 > I considered HTTP/1.1 but left it out for a few reasons, mostly that in
 this case it would lead to hackishness. ;)

 Hey, noone said it's gonne be easy. :D

 > For example, the socket may timeout if there aren't enough requests within
 a given timeframe.  Another is that, if the servlet and server aren't
 managed/owned by the same people, it's a little rude to maintain a 24/7
 socket to someone else's machine for a "stateless" protocol...

 But an open socket between these would be even bettern than thousands of
 connections opening and closing all the time.
 Further, most systems only do at most around 100 request on persistent
 connections, so the sockets would not be connected that long.

 Regards,
   Steffen