Take a look in tomcat/bin. There is a service.bat file that can install and uninstall the service. Should do the trick for you.

From: "Paul Wallace" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: registering Tomcat as service
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 16:31:57 +1000

Hello,
    I installed Tomcat, formally run from the console. I am now trying
to get it to run as a service. I have in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tomcat\Parameters:

JVM Option Count           REG_DWORD    0X00000004 (4)

JVM Option Number 0     REG_SZ    -Xms256m
JVM Option Number 1     REG_SZ    -Xmx512m
JVM Option Number 2     REG_SZ
-Djava.class.path=C:\eCommerce\Tomcat-4.1.30\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\eComme
rce\Tomcat-4.1.30\common\lib\servlet.jar;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_04\lib\tools.jar
JVM Option Number 3     REG_SZ
-Dcatalina.home=C:\eCommerce\Tomcat-4.1.30

the paths are correct (JDK/Tomcat) but when I try to start Tomcat from
the service window, I get a popup:

"The Tomcat Service on a Local Computer started and then stopped. Some
services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the
Performance Logs and Alerts service"

The service does not subsequently run. Now my service may not have any
work to do, but I most certainly do.

Any info is much appreciated.

Paul.