Looks very good. I will follow it up!. Many thanks.

Gan Gounden
City of Cape Town
Ph (021) 400-2174
Fax (021) 425-1096
Cell 083-63-59-268
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/07/01 09:46AM >>>
Ganasen,

You can do this easy by downloading the NetComponents.jar from:
http://www.savarese.org/oro/products/NetComponents.html

It should be obvious how to use this jar. There's a lot of documentation and
examples included.

good luck,

Kenneth Westelinck

>From: "Ganasen Gounden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: How do I FTP a file to Tomcat Server from a Java client program?
>Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 09:36:58 +0200
>
>Hello
>
>I need some sample code or guidance on how to FTP or copy a file to a
>Windows 2000 or Unix Server from within a Java client program.
>The client java program reads an ascii input text file, processes each line
>and then writes it out to a new ascii file using the filereader function.
>
>I need to however transfer/ftp this file to a destination server as the
>next step in the program.
>
>I could write a batch file to ftp this file but I would like to contain the
>whole process within one java program for automation and maintenance
>benefits.
>
>If this is not the appropriate list server for this could you also please>
 suggest which listserver might help me in this regard.