So based off of the examples on this page (and what I have in my web.xml
file), would something like this work?

<GlobalNamingResources>

<Resource name="myobj" auth="Container" type="obj">
    </Resource>
    <ResourceParams name="obj">
       <parameter>
                <name>username</name>
                <value>...</value>
       </parameter>
       <parameter>
                <name>password</name>
                <value>...</value>
       </parameter>
       <parameter>
                <name>serverURL</name>
                <value>...</value>
       </parameter>
       <parameter>
                <name>applicationID</name>
                <value>MyObjects</value>
       </parameter>
     </ResourceParams>
</GlobalNamingResources>

I guess I am a little confused about what exactly I am needing to define
within the server.xml file.

Thanks,
Brent