Hello,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question. Suggestions for better places appreciated.

I have a webapp running in tomcat 4.1.27 and am having a problem with multiple browser windows sharing the same session and stomping on each other's session scope variables. The webapp has data that is needed across multiple pages but can be different in each browser window. Typically database query results. Because the results of the database queries can be quite large and are needed across multiple pages they were put in a session scope variable rather than request scope. Needless to say this is causing things to fail in mysterious ways for the users when these session scoped variables are modified by another browser window.

How to duplicate:
1) Go to sid.jsp in the webapp.
2) Use Ctrl+N to open a new browser window.
3) Go to sid.jsp with the new browser window created in step #2.
4) Session ID's are the same.

I don't see any options in Netscape to force the new browser window to be in a new session. I havn't looked at IE yet.

Is this a problem with tomcat, the browser, or the webapp?

I'm sure I'm not the only person with this problem. How have others solved it?

Richard

<head>
<title>Session ID</title>
</head>