[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi!
 I have been working with Sun's Studio Creator early release, and am trying to
transfer a project of automatically-built files to Tomcat.
 There seems to be no explicit documentation on how to do this.

I have copied the seemingly appropriate file structure [folder with .jsp and
WEB-INF folder] to Tomcat's
webapps directory, but cannot get the application to start up.  It is just a
simple page with calculations.

If you look at the logs you will find some exceptions were thrown. I don't remember all of them, but there are 2-4 jar files that need to be included.
You will probably need
commons-beanutils.jar
commons-digester.jar

I didn't try it on tomcat4, so if you are doing it there, if it works, it will require some other jar files.

Just delete your logs, restart tomcat, look at the log file, find where the exception is thrown, get the new file to put in, and repeat.

 I have already reported this to Sun a month or so ago.

--
"Love is mutual self-giving that ends in self-recovery." Fulton Sheen
James Black    [EMAIL PROTECTED]