Hello!
On Wed, 07 Mar 2001 16:38:40 +0100, Peter Hrastnik wrote:
>We are running tomcat 3.2 and IBMJava2 SDK 1.3 on an Intel Red Hat 6.2
>machine with Apache 1.3.12 and mod_jserv.
>
>When shutdown.sh is called, it is very rare that the contexts are
>removed and java processes are still running for some minutes.

Well, this problem is very familiar for me too. It look like Tomcat bugs:

http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowBug/47
http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/313 (actually a repetition of the
previous bugreport)

The problem arises when we have more then one 1 or 2 contexts mounted.

Would like to know: does it happen only on Linux? Does it happen on NT?

And all we - users - can do is await the developer to fix this problem.

>Sometimes
>they don't disappear at all and have to be removed manually with kill.

Yes, that's what i do too  :-(