From: Paul Wallace [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 12:02 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: contextInitialized being called exactly twice

Hi Yoav,
        On the same note, I was experiencing the same frustration, but I
was not deploying any WAR. Could this be the reason for my 2 *
execution, even though I had not packaged my classes into a WAR?

Many thanks

Paul.

Hi
I bet it's being called once for each time the context is deployed, and
the context is deployed twice because you have autoDeploy on AND an
explicit context declaration in your server.xml/conf directory/WAR.
Turn autoDeploy off and see what happens.

(This would explain the static counter being 1: the counter is static
once per classloader repository, you have two of the same context at
different paths with different classloader repositories).

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics