to load?

Thanks for the help.

Charlie

Shapira, Yoav said the following on 6/11/2004 9:55 AM:

Hi,
It's OK to leave it in common/lib.  (IMHO it's also fine to have a copy
for each webapp in WEB-INF/lib, but you stated you don't want that).

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

-----Original Message-----
From: Wangenheim, Marc [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 9:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Common/lib works shared/lib doesn't

I need some help trying to get a shared jar to work in shared/lib. I've searched the archives and found many posts with this issue but no fix.

Win2k
Tomcat 4.1.30
JDK 1.42_03

My webapps are based on a framework I developed that is contained

within

one jar. Up until now I have included this jar with every webapp where
it resides in WEB-INF/lib. This works fine but is a pain to support
because every change to the framework needs to be pushed to all apps. I
would like to share this jar so only one update for all apps is
necessary. When moving the jar to shared/lib I get a runtime CNFE on

the

Login.jsp. The class that can't be found is part of the jar that now
resides in shared/lib. Initially I did not have CATALINA_BASE set. I
played around with setting CATALINA_BASE and adding the jar to the
classpath but nothing seems to work. I then moved the jar to common/lib
and the app worked. Tomcat documentation clearly states that shared
application code should reside in shared/lib not in common/lib.
Should I try to resolve the shared/lib issue or is it OK to leave the
jar in common/lib ?

Thanks,
Marc Wangenheim

The content of this e-mail message and any attachments are confidential

and

may be

legally privileged, intended solely for the addressee. If you are not

the

intended

recipient, be advised that any use, dissemination, distribution, or

copying

of this

e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this message in error,
please notify

the sender immediately by reply email and destroy the message and its
attachments.

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else. If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender. Thank you.