Hello all,
I made a servlet that generates a XML response that must be in UTF-8
because it can include any type of chars (Jap, Arabs, chinese, russian
and so on)
I developed it on Tomcat 5.0.x and I used, to set the correct encoding,
the method setCharacterEncoding before calling the out.getWriter and
everything works fine.

But a developer (this servlet is part of an open source project
available on sf.net) said that with tomcat 4.1.x it doesn't work (raise
a NoSuchMethodError). I looked at the tomcat 4.1.x javadoc and saw that
this method is not implemented since tomcat 5.0.x

Since I'd like to support 4.1.x too how can I do to obtain the same
functionality?

Thank you
Simone

Simone Chiaretta
 <http://www.piyosailing.com/S> www.piyosailing.com/S
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
"Life is short, play hard"