Jeff Sexton wrote:
I switched from TC 5 to Tomcat 4.1.30 and again copied my
(working) app again from the Tomcat 4.0.4 install.  This
time, it knew the driver but not the url.  So in server.xml
I changed one parameter

From:
            <parameter>
              <name>driverName</name>
              <value>jdbc:sybase:Tds:pdxax12:4100</value>
            </parameter> <!-- Works in 4.0.4 -->

To:
            <parameter>
              <name>url</name>
              <value>jdbc:sybase:Tds:pdxax12:4100</value>
            </parameter>

That cured the no url exception.  However now I get this exception:

org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory, cause: JZ004: User name property missing in DriverManager.getConnection(..., Properties).

Changing this 4.0.4 version entry

to this:

             <parameter>
               <name>username</name>
               <value>excalibur</value>
             </parameter>

Allows 4.1.30 to work perfectly!  So to sum up for now, 4.0.4 works
for my app and 4.1.3 works if I change two entries in the resource.
Still no luck with 5.0.24 though.

-- The ODS Companies Jeff Sexton Information Services (503) 228-6554 x1026 http://www.odscompanies.com

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity
to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not the intended addressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended
addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use, copy, disclose
or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the
message. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
advise the sender by reply email and delete the message.