Hans,
I'm running out of ideas too.
One last: does your server.xml file contain the lines

 <!-- Apache AJP12 support. This is also used to shut down tomcat.
          -->
        <Connector
className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"

value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="8007"/>
        </Connector>

Chris