Ben,

I don't know of any way of checking (someone correct me if I'm wrong!). What I have done is to attach an attribute to the session, redirect to a small .jsp page with a <div visibility: hidden;> tag surronding a form that automatically submits back to the servlet. The servlet can then check if the attribute is still there and if not, you know sessions are disabled.

-Mike Fowler
"I could be a genius if I just put my mind to it, and I,
I could do anything, if only I could get 'round to it"

Ben Bookey wrote:
Dear List,

I would like to check if a client has cookies/sessions enabled in the start
page of my webapp. whats the best way of doing this?

regards

Ben