Hi List,

I have been using TC4 for some time and decided to switch to 5.0.24 when I
started working on a new project. Anyhow, I was just going to set up my JDBC
pool in Tomcat when I remembered reading that all with TC5 you shouldn't put
any context related stuff in the server.xml (see:
tomcat-docs/config/context.html). This is were I got confused because the
how-to on setting up JDBC for TC5 talks about editing the relevant context
in server.xml. To increase my misery, I discovered that the logger (for my
context) - that I did set up via the admin-tool - was saved in
{catalina_home}\conf\Catalina\localhost\myapp.xml and works fine BUT is
(after a restart) not to be seen anywhere in the admin-tool....

I guess my general question is, where do I specify my JDBC pool and
everything else for my context? server.xml or myapp.xml?

TIA Jan