This may or may not be totally on topic - apologies if it's not...

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 12:16 am, Aris Javier wrote:
> Still the same error occured after replacing my service.bat with your
> service.bat... (declares tools.jar inside) =|
>
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
> PoolableConnectionFactory, cause: General error
>
> When i run startup.bat... it worked fine again... the following are the
> logged
> scripts in MS DOS when i run startup.bat...

I've seen similar errors when running programs as services in a Windows
environment.  One thing that got me over and over was the data base I was
accessing was not local.  Because the "remote" data base needed me to "map" a
drive letter to it, my program running as service failed.

Are you by chance attempting to access your data base on a network drive?

Bob