It's a good idea, but it has it's problems. As an example:

What about tomcat 4 install problems?  Does it go in Tomcat 4 , or the
install one?

What about tomcat 5 on linux, connecting to IIS on win2k3.  Which list ?

The way I would handle this is to create a client-side mail filter.  If
I were ever to do so, the first one I'd create is "if it contains
mod_jk, jk, or jk2, then send it to the dustbin folder".

If there was a single division I could make in the lists, it would be
that one.

tomcat-user
tomcat-connectors-user