This is all wrong. You need to get a RequestDispatcher via:

<jsp:include> or <jsp:forward>

-- or --

RequestDispatcher rd = request.getRequestDispathcer(myPath);
rd.include(request, response);

-Tim

M.Hockings wrote:
What I want to do is to include a servlet in a .JSP. For reasons that I won't go into please assume that in the environment that I wish this to run I cannot define a named servlet nor can I load by classname.

A simplified version of what I have been doing is below:

<%
Class c = Class.forName("name-of-the-servlet-class");
Servlet s = (Servlet) c.newInstance();
s.init(this.getServletConfig());
s.service(request, response);
%>

This sorta works. That is, it will load and run the servlet and the output from the servlet is deliverd to the browser. But if the called servlet class includes a .JSP then the output of that .JSP is never seen though if debugged it does run OK and produces output. The servlet itself is generated by compiling a .JSP with jspc. What am I missing.

I realize that this inquiry is not strictly Tomcat related but I figure that the people who will have the knowledge answer to my lost output mystery will be here!

Your thoughts on this problem are appreciated.