If you need to replace http with https - see if using a Filter with HttpServletRequestWrapper would work. (where you override isSecure() and a few other choice methods)

-Tim

Graham Leggett wrote:

Hi all,

I have a tomcat server running behind an SSL accelerator. I have used the proxyName and proxyPort config settings to make sure the real name of the server is used by the web application, but I can find no way of telling the web app that it is running on a secure server.

Our server sends its URL to another server as part of an information exchange, and as this exchange is XML based and not done using a browser using relative links or the base tag is not possible.

Our current hack is to reconstruct the URL, replacing http with https, but it's really ugly.

Is there an elegant solution to this problem out there?