On Thursday 08 July 2004 11:50 am, Andrew Janian wrote:
> Are you sure that Tomcat itself is running?

Would I not have trouble getting the Home page and logging into the
Administration page were it not?  Also, I can install, run and use JSP pages
deployed to $CATALINA_HOME/webapps.  I'm pretty sure it's running.

> Did the manager webapp get
> loaded.  You should see in the logs that the manager webapp, administraion
> app, and a couple other examples get loaded if you are using Tomcat out of
> the box and have not disabled it.

The log file shows these lines:

Jul 8, 2004 11:24:19 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer remove
INFO: Removing web application at context path /manager
Jul 8, 2004 11:24:19 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer remove
INFO: Removing web application at context path /admin
Jul 8, 2004 11:24:19 AM org.apache.catalina.logger.LoggerBase stop
INFO: unregistering logger Catalina:type=Logger,path=/admin,host=localhost

Jul 8, 2004 11:24:29 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer install
INFO: Processing Context configuration file URL
file:/etc/tomcat/Catalina/localhost/manager.xml

Jul 8, 2004 11:24:26 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer install
INFO: Processing Context configuration file URL
file:/etc/tomcat/Catalina/localhost/admin.xml

> Did you provide a username and password
> when the box popped up?  What was the result if so?

Yes, I did but it was the wrong ones and I was denied access at that time.  I
haven't had another chance.

tomcat-users.xml looks like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<tomcat-users>
  <role rolename="tomcat"/>
  <role rolename="role1"/>
  <role rolename="manager"/>
  <role rolename="admin"/>
  <user username="mel" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,admin,manager"/>
  <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
  <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
</tomcat-users>

My username is "mel".

-- Michael