On Jul 8, 2004, at 11:56 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Matthew Hixson
    I'm using Tomcat 5.0.26 with JBoss 3.2.4.  I'm attempting
    to upgrade from Tomcat 4.1.something that was included with
    JBoss 3.2.3.  I cannot figure out how to configure a
    context so that Tomcat will serve files from a specific
    directory.  The directory contains images and should be
    accessible outside of any specific webapp.  The files are
    stored in /usr/local/watermarks and the URLs to them need
    to look like http://mymachine.com/watermarks/bar.jpg.
       <Context path="/watermarks" docBase="/usr/local/watermarks"/>
       I've read all the docs I could find on the Apache Tomcat
    site and used Google to find examples and I cannot find
    anything that tells me how to do this.  In the previous
    version of Tomcat I had put the above <Context> element
    into
    /usr/local/jboss/server/default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat41.sar
    /META-INF/
    jboss-service.xml.  But in Tomcat 5.0 it looks like that
    has moved to jbossweb-tomcat50.sar/server.xml.

If you read the docs enough times it suggests that the Context element
should be an <anyName>.xml, in {catalina.home}/conf/host/

Where it hides, just the <Context> element in an xml file per app.
(I found it useful to name the file after the app)

HTH DaveP

I did see that in the docs and tried it. Still didn't work. I don't know if I'm seeing strange behavior because of the way Tomcat is embedded in JBoss or what.
-M@