"Joel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Don't you just like it when people talk to themselves.
>
> On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 15:05:04 +0900, I wrote
>
> > Just built TC 5. I had to clear out \usr\share\java from an earlier
> > attempt when I had java 1.5 beta installed, but then it flew.
> >
> > One thing worries me:

> > D:\Program_Files\apache\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.25-src>ant
> > Buildfile: build.xml
> >
> > check.source:
> >
> > check.source.depends:
> >
> > get.source:
> >
> > get.source.depends:
> >
> > checkout.depends:
> >       [cvs] Caught exception: CreateProcess:
cvs -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/cvspublic -q -z3 checkout -P
jakarta-commons/LICENSE error=2
> >       [cvs] Caught exception: CreateProcess:
cvs -d:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/cvspublic -q -z3 checkout -P
jakarta-commons/daemon error=2

> Okay, I found the jakarta-commons/daemon project and now I understand.
>
> To actually use this TC5 I just built, I'm gonna need either MSVC or
> cygwin to make procrun.
>
> Okay, fine. That's why the instructions for building are under the
> section for developers. I'm not offended. <sniff/>

The docs for procrun are also a bit out of date :(.  You should only need
any C compiler for Windows and the MS-SDK to build it.  However, I've only
ever used MSVC myself.