Thanks for your reply Jeanfrancois, but I need more help !!

- I know from the Javadocs the syntax for getting a subject from a login
context, and the login context from an Access controller, but how do you
access the particular login context and/or access controller for a logon.

-also I understand that I can store the subject as a session attribute, but
does Tomcat automatically store the subject as a session attribute?

Matt