I'm having some weird troubles with Tomcat - I'm new to JSP so I was hoping that someone could explain to me what is going on.

If I go into the jsp examples and modify the .jspx files, my changes have no effect on how they are executed! I can even delete them, it doesn't matter - they run just as before. But deleting or modifying .html files in the same directory has the expected effected. I have tried restarting Tomcat, and I've even rebooted my machine - it doesn't seem to make any difference.

How is this happening? Does Tomcat keep redundant copies of the .jspx files somewhere?

- Jason