Which version of tomcat?
What operating system?

  _____

From: Ivan Jouikov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 9:48 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: [URGENT] When I type Russian in my .jsps, it displays it as a bunch of
squares!

Hi everyone!

First of all, in my JSP page I specify:
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" %>
<%@ page pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>

Now, in my <HEAD> I have:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=utf-8">
And when I type the following in my page:
This is text in English
Текст по Русски
The English text displays just fine, whereas the Russian is a bunch of squares.
What could be the problem?  Is it possible that the way I SAVE the page could
affect it?  I am using Eclipse with Lomboz, and it has no option to change
encoding of the file.  Lemme try Microsoft word..
Nope, Microsoft word doesn't have an option to save page in different encoding.
I have no clue what to do, and this is urgent because this project is due
tomorrow, can someone PLEASE help with this?
By the way, My browser is configured properly - I have no problem displaying
Russian stuff on other web sites.  Goddamn tomcat :-(((((((

  _____

Best Regards,

Ivan V. Jouikov
(206) 228-6670