From: "Scott D. Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> when I click on the link to "servlet/HelloWorld" I get a 404.

Examples with /servlet/ in the URL usually depend upon the Invoker Servlet
being enabled.  It is now disabled by default, and although it's more
frustrating in the beginning, it's better to leave it that way and learn to
configure your Servlets.

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/misc.html#evil

> Anyone have any ideas on how to get this very simple example working?

Put <servlet> and <servlet-mapping> tags into web.xml, and then access the
Servlet using the URL that you configured, NOT the one with /servlet/ in it.
Check the DTD for the required order of tags in web.xml.

--
Wendy Smoak