I have an Action that uses some business classes that in turn use the
BouncyCastle encryption libraries; everything works fine until I restart the
web application context, at which point this Action's execute method throws
a ThreadDeath exception.

In searching this list's archives I saw some references to a problem with an
outdated log4j version that tried to use the "old" class loader and produced
this exception:

http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg121827.html

...but I'm not using log4j; however, the problem could be similar.

I was wondering if anyone could confirm if they think this is a BouncyCastle
libraries problem; I'm not terribly experienced at interpreting stack
traces...BouncyCastle is mentioned, but the last several lines belong to
java.security classes.  Just wanted a second opinion before posting to the
BouncyCastle groups...:

java.lang.ThreadDeath

org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.jav
a:1229)
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.jav
a:1189)
java.security.Security.doGetImpl(Security.java:1123)
java.security.Security.doGetImpl(Security.java:1084)
java.security.Security.getImpl(Security.java:1045)
java.security.Signature.getInstance(Signature.java:218)
org.bouncycastle.openpgp.PGPSignature.<init>(PGPSignature.java:65)
org.bouncycastle.openpgp.PGPSecretKeyRing.<init>(PGPSecretKeyRing.java:127)
org.bouncycastle.openpgp.PGPObjectFactory.nextObject(PGPObjectFactory.java:6
9)
org.bouncycastle.openpgp.PGPSecretKeyRingCollection.<init>(PGPSecretKeyRingC
ollection.java:35)
com.amfllc.security.service.PgpService.readSecretKey(PgpService.java:229)
com.amfllc.security.service.PgpService.<init>(PgpService.java:44)
com.amfllc.security.service.PgpService.<clinit>(PgpService.java:26)
com.amfllc.funding.service.FcsService.<init>(FcsService.java:48)
com.amfllc.funding.service.FcsService.<clinit>(FcsService.java:35)
com.amfllc.web.internal.actions.funding.fcs.ViewQueueAction.execute(ViewQueu
eAction.java:42)
...etc.

Thank you for looking,

-Sasha Borodin