De: Wade Chandler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviado el: Miércoles, 21 de Julio de 2004 03:50 p.m.
Para: Tomcat Users List
Asunto: Re: Problem with jdbc:odbc in Tomcat 5.025

Iván Escobedo wrote:
> Ok, something happened after i started the Tomcat 5.0.27 in standalone, 'cause now i
> start it in service mode and now it works.  What the...?
> I really don't know what happened, i just now that now it works.
>
> Any insights?

I don't have any real idea other than maybe there was a file that tomcat probably was
not able to create...one that may have been created by running it in standalone mode.

Maybe it wasn't able to create a certain temp file or what ever under it's own working
directories and somehow that caused it to pass invalid info to the underlying odbc
driver.

That's about the only thing I can think of.  Since you ran it as the your user and
created a file it may have then been able to read it though it wasn't able to create
it.

I would have to see all the code in tomcat and the code inside of the jdbc odbc bridge
classes and trace down in it to be sure, but usually it is something like that when it
comes to security and an app working after running it as another user with more
privileges.

One thing is for sure...it wasn't magic...just allusive.  ;-)

Wade