De : Paul Wallace [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : vendredi 23 juillet 2004 08:40
À : Tomcat Users List
Objet : TC 5.0.27 startup problem

Hi,
        A seemingly simple one, but not for I! I am trying to setup the
above version of TC on Win XP. My JAVA_HOME is set as an environment
variable, and in the top of my startup.bat I am setting CATALINA_HOME:

"rem $Id: startup.bat,v 1.6 2004/05/27 18:25:11 yoavs Exp $
rem
---
set CATALINA_HOME=C:\dev\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27
rem Guess CATALINA_HOME if not defined
set CURRENT_DIR=%cd%"

When running this file from the command prompt I get:

"23/07/2004 16:14:25 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
SEVERE: Error initializing endpoint
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8080
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.initEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.init(Http11Protocol.java:137)"

I immediately looked at what was using port 8080 (nothing to my
knowledge) and this was confirmed. I ran netstat which confirmed that
port 8080 was not in use.
        TC appears to have started, but http://localhost:8080 (with
numerous stacktraces (above)) is showing a 404. Am I illegally setting
CATALINA_HOME?

Thanks

Paul.