From: Kemp Randy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2001 9:17 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Tomcat broke after Oracle installation

Here is some additional information on my Tomcat
problem (see log below).  I have installed Apache 1.2
and Tomcat 3.2 on Solaris 5.6, and both Tomcat
examples and Apache worked fine.  After I installed
Oracle enterprise 8.1.7 on the same machine, the
Tomcat examples no longer worked (see below).  I
suspect, since Oracle has Apache and Jserv embedded,
there is probably some confusion caused by the Oracle
listeners.  Does anyone have a similar configuration
on a Unix machine (Linux, Solaris, etc.)?  Any ideas
on what could be happening?  And on a basic note.  If
I put the static pages in htdocs under Apache, where
do I place servlets and JSP pages in Tomcat?