I start Tomcat since comandline but how can I redirect this output from a file in a
comandline in win 2000?

"Ruth, Brice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:How are you starting Tomcat? If you're
starting tomcat from the cmdline,
then it will send STDOUT && STDERR to the console. If you're starting it
as a service, then it should create stdout.log and stderr.log in the
TOMCAT_HOME/logs directory. If you're running Tomcat from Eclipse, or
other IDEs, then STDOUT && STDERR typically get redirected to the IDE's
console.

Caveat - if the Host in server.xml and/or your Context definition
contain a logging element, then most logging will get redirected to that
log file, I believe.

Brice Ruth, Sr. IT Analyst
Fiskars Brands Inc
http://www.fiskarsbrands.com/