I have installed jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30 on Redhat 9. However, when I try
to load the tomcat index page on SSL (https://machine ip:8443), I am
getting a connection refused error. I have jdk installed on the box and
have executed:

         $JAVA_HOME/bin/keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA . Am I
missing something? Can someone give me the exact guide on how to install
tomcat with SSL support.

Thanks in advance. I have also included a few lines from my catalina.out
file below.

Regards
/Bravismore

Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  Protocol handler initialization
failed: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
 Can't find any SSL implementation
LifecycleException:  Protocol handler initialization failed:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Can't find any
SSL implementation
        at
org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector.initialize(CoyoteConnector.java:1231)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java:579)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.java:2246)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:511)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
Catalina.stop: LifecycleException:  This server has not yet been started
LifecycleException:  This server has not yet been started
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer.java:2213)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:543)