You can not rely on any directory being the default directory.
Thats why the API specifies the directories
  WEB-INF.classes, WEB-INF.lib to be used for class and jar files
in web applications.

You should study the way the Tomcat examples are organized, especially
the web.xml file. You should also download the servlet API from
java.sun.com and study it. Many things about the organization of
directories and files are nailed down in the API.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> hi, I am trying to execute servelets, does anyone know the default directory
> where servelets and JSP scripts are executed in Tomcat????. Because I don't
> know I figured I could set the directory where Servelets and JSP scripts can
> be executed in "server.xml" however when I click on it , Internet Explorer
> opens up and I get this message :
>
> The XML page cannot be displayed
> Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and
> then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

> Reference to undeclared namespace prefix: 'xmlmapper'. Line 5, Position 34
>
>     <xmlmapper:debug level="0" />
>
> can anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!!

WBB - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Java Cert mock exams http://www.lanw.com/java/javacert/
Author of Java Developer's Guide to Servlets and JSP
ISBN 0-7821-2809-2