From: Robert Bateman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 12:02 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Connecting to MS Access DB

Khalid,

Search the list...  You will see that Windows 2000/2003/XP services need
know how to "log into" any data bases in order to access them.  One of
the
biggest problems with services is accessing "mapped" files or files that

require "user permissions."  It is unfortunate, but a fact of life on
Windows
2000/2003 and XP.

Just a thought...  Can you use the "personal" version of SQL Server
2000/2003
instead of Access?  I believe Tomcat service will access this just fine.

Same with MySQL and Postgres SQL.

Bob