Have you tried access it from the Principal.

GenericPrincipal p = (GenericPrincipal)request.getUserPrincipal();

String uid = p.getName();
String passwd = p.getPassword();

Srofe, Douglas (c) wrote:

We use single sign for our Tomcat applications.  We have another Tomcat that
hosts various web services.  I would like to be able to send the logged on
users name and password as credentials to the web service and have Tomcat
authenticate it.  I have tested this part with a hardcoded user name and
password and this works fine.  But I need to send the username and password
used when the user logged on.  How do I get access to the password that was
used when the user logged on so I can send it as part of the credentials to
the web service?  Am I going to have to write custom authenticators and
realms in order to do this?

Thanks for any response.