Matt, incase no one has helped out -- You don't need to use the lb
stuff if you don't want.  Enjoy.

[shm:]
info=Shared memory file. Required for multiprocess servers
file=E:\\Apache\\Tomcat5\\work\\jk2.shm
size=1048576

[lb:lb]
info=Default load balancer 0.
sticky_session=1

[lb:lb1]
info=Default load balancer 1.
sticky_session=1

[channel.socket:spprod1]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket - spprod1
port=8009
host=10.99.116.1
lb_factor=100
tomcatId=10.99.116.1:8009
group=lb
type=ajp13

[channel.socket:spprod2]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket - spprod2
port=8009
host=10.99.116.2
lb_factor=100
tomcatId=10.99.116.2:8009