On 11 August 2004, I said:
> Everything works fine as long as I set proxyName and proxyPort in the
> <Connector> element, eg.:
>
>     <Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
>                address="127.0.0.1" port="8180"
>                proxyName="servername" proxyPort="80"
>                minProcessors="1" maxProcessors="5"
>                acceptCount="5" debug="0" connectionTimeout="30000"/>

Interesting: I just noticed that
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector is deprecated, so
changed my test config to use org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector,
as recommended by
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/connectors.html .

But that broke redirects in a different way!  With HttpConnector,
properly configured with proxyName and proxyPort, "/myapp" is
redirected to "http://servername/myapp/"; -- good.  But if I change that
<Connector> to use CoyoteConnector (no other changes), it's redirected
to "http://servername/"; -- the context URI is dropped!

Is this a bug in CoyoteConnector?

        Greg