To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 6:09 AM
Subject: Re: Tomcat 4.1.30 adding no-cache to http headers

Yep. Tomcat (reasonably) adds these headers when the requested url is
within a security constraint defined within the web.xml.

In all places on our site where pdf, excel, word docs etc can be
downloaded we have the following code:

final String userAgent = request.getHeader("user-agent"); if (response.containsHeader("Pragma") && userAgent!=null && userAgent.toUpperCase().indexOf("MSIE")>-1) { response.setHeader("Pragma", "public"); }

This seems to have solved the issue for us. You could put the above code
in a Filter mapped to your download urls in the members context.

HTH,

Jon