AFAIK - There isn't anythng like this yet. But there is work on mod_proxy in httpd-dev which looks promising for this functionality. (But that functionality won't be here in the near future)

A quick alternative is to use to look at the balancer webapp in tomcat 5 and play with its algorithm for choosing an node.

-Tim

Srinivas Rao Ch wrote:

I want to implement weight based load balancing in my application. Usually
what parameters are taken into consideration in weight based LB. I have
cluster node's processor(s), RAM in my mind. And, network spped of the
cluster node also.

If you have any other in mind please share them with me. That would be a
great help to me.