On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 11:28:16AM +0200, Christian Riedel wrote:
: Creating the file via FileOutputStream works fine. But
: the problem is, that the created file has the file-permissions rw-------
: although the system wide umask and the user-set umask say, that new
: files should be rw-r--r--.

I'm grasping here, but maybe there's something SecurityManager?

: Can anyone help me please? I need to set the file to be group-readable
: because it is used by other users on the system as well.

Barring a Tomcat- or Java-only solution, you could run a cronjob that
periodically sets perms on the files in the upload dir.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com