Hi,
The getDelegate call would return a ResultSet that you can cast for
oracle's ResultSet impl as you have been doing in the past.  You're
right that QM's suggestion requires DBCP-specific code and is thus
undesirable in your scenario.  I saw your original message, and I wonder
if it's possible for you to use just the java.sql.ResultSet methods to
work with the Blobs, not the oracle-specific ones.  If not, you will
have a couple of options:
- Don't use container-provided connection pooling, but your own, so that
you can use the same provider (e.g. DBCP) across all your application
server.
- Do some fancy (or ugly, depends on your mood ;)) reflection work to
figure out how to get the oracle result set impl class from the result
set provided by the container.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.