Delete the .class file in TOMCAT_HOME/work/Standalone/localhost/app_name/org... directory. Tomcat will behave as at run of servlet. Also you should check context definition in server.xml and set "reloadable" parameter to "true". See http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/context.html

Janko

Meena Alagappan pravi:

Hi All,

I am new to this group.

I have 1 problem related to tomcat 5 version.

When ever I compile a servlet class and replace with old class....

I need to restart the Tomcat server to see the latest changes

I made in the servlet java file.

My question is how to reload the servlet class files without restarting the tomcat
server ???

Any idea will be useful to me. Thank you in advance.

Best Regards, Meena. ~~~~~~~~~

Life is a festival ...
Celebrate it ...