From: Jacob Kjome [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 9:19 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Windows 2000 Tomcat 5.0 as Service -- which JDK from what path is it
using?

How about looking at the service.bat and seeing what it does.  Set
JAVA_HOME system variable.  Make sure to re-install the service any time
you change the value of JAVA_HOME (and you will have to open a new command
prompt to get the new value or, in some cases, reboot).

service.bat remove
service.bat install

Also see:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/daemon/procrun.html

The doc is a bit dated, but the information for launching the GUI editor
for the service is still valid.

Jake