Ok, thanks let me work around on your ideas, and let you know in couple of
days, I really appreciate your prompt replies.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale, Matt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 6:31 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Tomcat JVM GC

You should still look at the articles that I posted my reply. If you really
want to use your own garbage collection then you will have to first fix the
size of the certain areas within the heap. There is no way to turn off the
jvm's own garbage collection, when it cannot allocate space for an object it
will do a garbage collection. If there is still not enough space then it
will expand the pool so that there is space, up until the maximum allowed
for that pool.

If you fix the size of the pools and always do a gc before the pool runs out
of memory then you will be fine. If you've fixed the pools and you run out
of memory then your own gc algorithm must be deficient and the JVM will do a
gc anyway.

I suspect that with the vast array of GC parameters available you should be
able to find some that will work as well as or better than your own but
thats just my opinion.