Hi,

I went back to first principles and you are quite correct, things
do seem to be functioning properly.

Thanks very much for the patient help.

In the course of doing all this I downloaded the JSTL 1.1 zip from
the Jakarata site so I could test the standard-examples WAR file.

However, I now find that there seems to be something problematic with
using <c:import>, an XSLT stylesheet from file for use with the
<x:transform>

If I copy the guts of the stylesheet into my JSP locally it seems to
work fine.

In short;

                <c:set var="XSL" >
                        <c:import
url="../xsl/CubeToPositionHistory.xsl"/>
                </c:set>

Fails in the

                <x:transform doc="${XML}" xslt="${XSL}">
                        <x:param name="POS_ID_STR"
value="${param.POS_ID_STR}" />
                </x:transform>

Whereas
                <c:set var="XSL" >

                                contents of
"../xsl/CubeToPositionHistory.xsl"

                </c:set>

works as anticipated.

I must be doing something wrong or something subtle has changed.

I know the import is working because I've output the ${XSL} to the
screen
in the first example.

Any thoughts gratefully received.

Chris